Hi There!

Hi There!
Email me

Followers


Thursday, September 15, 2011

I ♥ Pancakes.

If there is one thing you should know about me, its that I LOVE pancakes. To me, breakfast food is good anytime of the day, or night. Do you agree?

Well, the other morning I had the urge to make some pancakes, homemade style. I looked up a recipe and tweaked it a little bit to come up with....


Yep. Peanut butter and banana go quite well together. They are a delicious pair in this yummy made-from-scratch pancake! (Oh, and don't worry- I didn't eat 4 of them!)

Here's the recipe. Adapted from this one.

Ingredients: 
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk, any kind will work
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 ripe banana   
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Then:
In one bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.

In another bowl, combine milk, water, peanut butter, 1/2 a ripe banana (smashed), and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.

Pour wet ingredients into dry. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.

Chop up remaining half of banana and put bits into the batter.

Grease hot griddle, or pan. Pour desired amt of batter into pan, flip when golden brown.

Enjoy! :)

I wanted to mention a couple other tidbits too.
*I've been using agave nectar as my "syrup" lately, and its so good! Try it. Its cheaper than maple syrup, and WAY better for your than cheapo pancake stuff (which is filled with high fructose corn syrup).
*These pancakes freeze and reheat very well. Perfect to make on a Saturday morning and save for the upcoming week! Just pop in the toaster on the frozen setting for a couple minutes.

Have a great day!
xo, Jenna

No comments: