Hi There!

Hi There!
Email me

Followers


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Zany Zoo


Have you read that book, 1 Zany Zoo? My kids LOVE that book. My husband does an awesome voice for the zookeeper. Chances are, you probably haven't read it- I think it was a free in a box of Cheerios (that got passed down to us from a cousin- Thanks Aunt Julie!).. But still. Very cute. I had been wanting to take my kids to the zoo for what seems like FOREVER. Finally, FINALLY(!) we were able to go this year. We went on Barry's spring break. Nope, he's not in school, he works for a University. :)

Anywho, we all had a lot of fun, despite the weather being HOT, especially for springtime here in the good old Midwest.. But you know how wacky our weather has been this winter/spring, I'm sure. 

On to the pictures!! (In just a second..) Because- Ohmygoodness. My husband pet a shark. Yes that happened, and YES I was wayyy too chicken to do it. I had to document proof for that one!















The penguins were my absolute FAVORITE part of the trip. We spent a really good amount of time watching them dive and swim and jump out of the water. We were laughing so loud at them. They were just awesome! My daughter said "Wow" twice. Once, to the penguins. Another time, to the bats. I couldn't get a good picture of them, but there was an enormous bunch- they looked like a bunch of bananas!- all hanging upside down from the ceiling cuddling and sleeping together. They were actually kind of cute. (Never thought I'd say that about bats!)

And oh man. Lions. They are SO FREAKING LAZY!! We read that they sleep and/or rest about 20-22 hours a day. I never knew that before, but hey- you learn something new everyday. :)

Anyway, we all had a ton of fun at the Indianapolis Zoo, and if you have the chance to go- it is a great time. I even went there on my bday with my hubby before we were married. We saw a lot of younger people and couples with no kids this time around. :) Reminded me of us.

Have a great day! Thanks for letting me share.
--Jenna

No comments: