Hi There!

Hi There!
Email me

Followers


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breathe

photo found here

Things have been a little crazy around these parts lately. Every day goes by so.incredibly.quickly. I haven't had time to sew anything in probably 2 weeks. That stack of dishes really needs to be washed. Those clothes really need to be taken out of the dryer. I REALLY still need to finish painting the ceiling in the bathroom. Sigh. I know that things won't be this crazy forever, and my children will grow up and be more independent as time goes on.. So I'm trying to just sit back when I can, and savor this time. Even though there are a million things to do, I don't want to be so busy that I miss out on the little things. Like my kids sitting and playing in the living room together. So simple, but really special. They will never go back to this age again. I have to remind myself of that often. Especially when my daughter is screaming her head off for an hour straight because she is exhausted and teething. I know this will pass. My son is 4 now, and it seems like only yesterday he himself was a baby, teething and learning to grab things, learning to eat, and so on. And I feel like with him, I was always anticipating the next step. When will he learn to crawl? When will he learn to walk? When will he learn to run? I don't want to do that this time. I'm not in a hurry anymore. And its hard, but I'm willing to put my dreams on hold (my shop, specifically) to be completely present for my two sweet children. I love them so very much and want to do the best I can for them, in everything. I want to be a great mother like my mother was, and is to me.

Life is full, I am happy, and I am learning to be content. :)

No comments: